Sunday, February 22, 2015

A new blog with a particular focus within Catholicism



I've been blogging since 2006 and have used this blog for just about any topic in Catholicism.  What I have found is that the temptation to discuss current events chronically pulls me away from deeper thoughts and prayer concerning the nuts and bolts of spiritual formation.

At the same time, it has been on my mind for some years now to look closer at moving to Wordpress, but I have been afraid of simply migrating my blog for fear of losing things.  This may happen yet as I plan to keep both blogs.

The new blog is called, Standing Before Mount Carmel.  It not only gives me a chance to learn Wordpress on the fly, but it allows me to escape the temptation to stay in the realm of current events.  That's not to say they are bad. Catholics need to be aware of what is going on in the world around them and we need to participate in the public square. This takes knowing what is happening and how we can make a difference by exercising our rights.  But, for me personally, with what little free time I have, current events are difficult to pull away from once I begin digesting them.  With Lent here, I wanted a break, but did not necessarily want to stop blogging or engaging in social media.  It will have a more targeted focus during this season.

In my first post there, I explain why the new blog  with some additional info. For that, see "Another day; another blog"

In my second post, just made a short time ago, I begin to look at a fruit of the Holy Spirit called, longanimity, or long-suffering.

Be sure to use the follow options there, but I will also post a link here to any new posts, as well as sharing in my social media.






COMMENTS ON THIS BLOG HAVE BEEN DISABLED INDEFINITELY.

For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church;
it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!

- Diane M. Korzeniewski

Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.