Saturday, March 8, 2014

Photos, and Video of Archbishop Sample's Homily at Pontifical Mass in Portland, OR




I saw a photograph of Archbishop Sample doing a Pontifical Mass in the Archdiocese of Portland, Oregon.  I contacted the photographer, seeing his name in the corner of the photo and asked Marc Salvatore  if I could use this picture above.  He told me the homily was forthcoming and more pictures.  I decided to wait.

Marc contacted me this morning to let me know the video of the homily was available.  This is quality stuff - both the pictures and the video.

The Mass took place last week at the Brigittine Priory of Our Lady of Consolation in Amity, Oregon. From the YouTube description:
On March 1, 2014 Archbishop Alexander Sample of the Archdocese of Portland in Oregon celebrated a Pontifical High Mass in the Extraordinary Form at the Brigittine Monastery "Our Lady of Consolation" in Amity, Oregon. The Mass was the crowning celebration of a 3-day conference on Gregorian Chant and the role of sacred music in the liturgy.
"We can have the most beautiful liturgy in the world, and not have love... It's just for show.... As we seek our way forward...not to be angry and embittered, but people filled with the joy of the Gospel, in love with Our Lord Jesus, and sharing that with our brothers and sisters..." - Archbishop Sample



Here are a few more pictures, used with permission, from the set he shared with me through Dropbox.  I heartily recommend that you visit Marc Salvatore's Smugmug gallery for this Pontifical Mass to see the full set.








For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church;
it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!

- Diane M. Korzeniewski

Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.