Monday, April 20, 2009

Photos soon....

I regret that I could not get to the photos taken at yesterday's Second Sunday of Easter (Noon Mass in the Extraordinary Form), which was Divine Mercy Sunday in the new calendar.

I will have them up in a few days when I get a chance to edit them.

In the meanwhile, for any newcomers or folks that have not seen the collection from the Easter Triduum in the Extraordinary Form (1962 Missal), you can find links to them here:

Photos: 2009 Easter Triduum in Extraordinary Form at Assumption Grotto

Some may get the impression that all we have at Assumption Grotto is the Extraordinary Form. Well, only one Mass each weekend is done according to the 1962 Missal - typically the 9:30am which is when I go to Mass. However, I also make it a point to always go to an orchestra Mass when they come, regardless of whether it is Ordinary or Extraordinary Form. Fr. Perrone usually shifts the EF Mass to Noon when we have an orchestra Mass at that time because much of the music was written with that form of the Mass.

I do have OF Mass pictures from Easter Sunday. It was an orchestra Mass, but was a Latin Novus Ordo because the EF Mass was done at the Saturday Vigil. I have not yet edited those, but will soon.


Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!