Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Snow-Capped Assumption Grotto in December


The above photo was taken today around 12:30PM on my way out. The sun had come out and the snow-capped church looked beautiful against the emerging blue sky.

Below was a shot of the cemetery towards the big outdoor shrine just a few minute before the picture at the top.

As an aside, I am still having problems with clarity in my pics when viewing up close. There is a haze over everything. I've cleaned the lenses of the grime I found on them. I'm going to have to take a closer look and hope it isn't the sensor which gets self cleaned, or something worse - a mechanical problem.



The rest of these pics were all taken at about 9:15am, just ahead of the 4th Sunday of Advent, TLM, which started at 9:30am. It was still snowing, and it wasn't the sudden cold, but the howling winds which sent chills up my spine.







Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!