Thursday, August 21, 2008

Assumption Day Photos: Morning Masses & Adoration


Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament took place following the 9:30am Mass. Directly behind the monstrance holding the Holy Eucharist, is the Seat of Wisdom statue of Mary and Jesus.



Tomorrow is the Queenship of Mary in the ordinary form, and in the extraordinary form (1962 Missal), it is the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Depending on the priest celebrating, Assumption Grotto's 7:00pm Friday Mass has been in the extraordinary form.

It's a good time to plug an old post I made about an excellent book by Dr. Edward Sri called, Queen Mother.

I'm still very short on time, but managed to get a small handful of photos processed this evening. These are from the 6:30am Mass which I typically do not take photos at on Assumption Day. It is my Mass - that is, the only Mass I go to where I don't do anything more than assist. However, I try to get a photo of each priest in that most beautiful Assumption Day chasuble, and this was Fr. Paul Ward's first Mass as an associate on our titular feast day. In all, I think I took about 5 pics during Mass.

I am sharing also in this post the Adoration photos I took. It is rare to get a picture of Our Eucharistic Lord in the monstrance with the Blessed Mother also gazing on Him. She is normally veiled during exposition of the Blessed Sacrament.

This first pic below was my first of the day - at about 6:10am as dawn began to break.










More photos from Assumption Day 2008 at Assumption Grotto:

Te Deum Laudamus! Home



The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!