Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Forty Hours Devotion 2005 - Post 1

Here are some scenes from the 40 Hour Devotion we had back in November of 2005. It was an awesome sight - the view from the balcony very moving.

Also, is it just me, or are the altar cloths and dressings so much more beautiful than typically seen in parishes today? That gold thread, with the read is stunning. We use it during Christmas season. There is a similar one with gold and blue (see Assumption Day Photo Collection). That one is even more beautiful.






Fr. Paul Ward gave the sermon at the closing Mass, which was very ceremonial. Unfortunately, I had some bad settings on my camera at this mass, and some of the shots were not crystal clear enough for further zooming.




People need to start letting their pastors know they want this kind of thing. It was my first-ever Forty-Hour Devotion. I feel so fortunate to have found Grotto so that I could learn about, and experience, such things

See the post below for a pic from one of the masses.

40 Hours Devotion - Post 1